The CBT materials were created to promote Bible literacy, not to promote a particular doctrinal stance. We are convinced that many in our church pews don’t know the story the Bible tells; therefore, they cannot teach that story to their children or tell others that story.
We believe the following:
- God—There is one and only one living and true God. The eternal triune God reveals Himself to us as Father, Son and Holy Spirit, with distinct personal attributes, but without division of nature, essence, or being.
- Jesus—Jesus is the Son of God, was born of a virgin, was wholly God and wholly man, lived a sinless life, died in our place as a sacrifice for the sins of mankind, was buried, arose bodily from the grave, and ascended into Heaven.
- Holy Spirit—God the Holy Spirit is active in convincing unbelievers of their need for salvation, and is the Comforter and Guide Who indwells every believer.
- Bible—The Bible is the verbally inspired Word of God without any error, the sole authority for life and faith. The Holy Bible is God’s revelation of Himself and His will to humanity. It is a perfect treasure of divine instruction. It has God for its author, salvation for its end, and truth, without any mixture of error, for its matter. Therefore, all Scripture is totally true and trustworthy. It reveals the principles by which God judges us, and therefore is, and will remain to the end of the world the true center of Christian union, and the supreme standard by which all human conduct, creeds, and religious opinions should be tried. All Scripture is a testimony to Christ, who is Himself the focus of divine revelation.
- Man—Man is a special creation of God, made in His image and created innocent. Adam and Eve fell by the temptation of the devil and brought all humanity under sin. All men inherit Adam’s nature, are sinners by choice, and need salvation that is found only in Christ Jesus.
- Salvation—Salvation involves the redemption of the whole man, and is offered freely to all who receive Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. By His own blood Jesus obtained eternal redemption for all who believe. In its broadest sense salvation includes regeneration, justification, sanctification, and glorification.
- Assurance—Every person who is truly saved is eternally secure in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Eternity—All humanity will live forever; those who die in their sins without Christ will spend eternity in a Hell prepared for the devil and his angels, while and those whose sins are forgiven through Christ will spend eternity in Heaven.
- Baptism—Water baptism is an act of obedience to the command of Christ and is by immersion after salvation. It is an act of obedience symbolizing the believer’s faith in a crucified, buried, and risen Savior, the believer’s death to sin, the burial of the old life, and the resurrection to walk in newness of life in Christ Jesus, and the believer’s hope in a future resurrection through the triumph of Christ.
- Church—A New Testament church of the Lord Jesus Christ is an autonomous local congregation of baptized believers, associated by covenant in the faith and fellowship of the gospel, observing the two ordinances of Christ, governed by His laws, exercising the gifts, rights, and privileges invested in them by His Word, and seeking to extend the gospel to the ends of the earth. Each congregation operates under the Lordship of Christ through democratic processes. In such a congregation each member is responsible and accountable to Christ as Lord. Its scriptural officers are pastors and deacons. While both men and women are gifted for service in the church, the office of pastor is limited to men as qualified by Scripture.
- Evangelism & Missions—It is the duty and privilege of every follower of Christ and every church of the Lord Jesus Christ to endeavor to make disciples of all nations, to seek constantly to win the lost to Christ by verbal witness undergirded by a Christian lifestyle, and by other methods in harmony with the gospel of Christ.